Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hooking Up Remote Car Starter Can I Hook Up My Own Car Alarm With Remote Start?

Can I hook up my own car alarm with remote start? - hooking up remote car starter

I am a very technical person, and I had come with an amplifier, speakers compacitors radios in touch and so on, since I was 16. I am now 24, I have built computers for years and have seen have been overclocking a network of home networks more complex than I ever. I have all 4 of my computer, print server, update the firmware on a wireless router talk to a wireless bridge and build the mainstream media from Media Center PC with Xbox 360. I also worked as a web designer and programmer. I also have some work on vehicles such as the alternator, serpentine belt, starter, rotors, brakes, oil changes.
I am a do-it-yourself, above all, because I'm broke.

I want to install a remote starter and car alarm to my wife about 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara. I have a system like This installed in my car a few years ago and it cost me (parts and labor) $ 380. I Reasearch and I found a workout DVD, which seems very informative on this subject. I find this remote start / alarm system on the network for about $ 100 and the DVD is $ 40.

I think one can endorse me, but I've never been before.
Is it difficult to do? Based on my experience, do you think you could do that? I am looking for the answer to the people who have installed such a system

3 comments:

KaeZoo said...

It sounds as if you can, especially if you have experience with the use of digital multimeters. Yes, you can use a piece of "technology" with the colors son download, but never leave a good idea on the sheet of very high and you can find more than one thread of the same color, so you must know how to a measuring instrument used to test the functions.

I suggest trying to manually install the remote starter unit you are interested in many textbooks are available for download http://www.the12volt.com downloading. Read the entire manual to understand how the system works (not only that each connection) with the cable. You can install by simply connecting the cables, but if it works as expected, you have to undersT and how it will work before I can address.

If your motor vehicle technology, compare it with the instructions until you will know that the Son of the remote starter is connected to be connected, to be made, and that the cable is not needed at all.

If you do not understand something after reading the manual sheet and high-tech, ask here or in a forum of 12 volts before starting work on the car.

Finally, you can install the whole day. Do not try to hurry himself.

Kimon W said...

I would say that because of their training, as you said, I think you should be able to install the product yourself. A word of warning, please be careful with the airbag system. You also know if this is the key for the car a kind of transponder keys? When booting a transfer. The other thing I would suggest, the appropriate wiring diagram for your vehicle will receive, will tell you exactly what to serve the son and his situation. On most systems, the remote start installed and son through the firewall, the siren and a tachometer signal.

ckostura said...

If you have a remote start / alarm unit system, which while fairly easy if you follow the instructions. Since you "some experience" will not be that hard.

But I propose that instead of buying 40 million DVDs use the money to find a piece of data cable to the vehicle must be installed. This will tell you what color thread for the vehicle.



Here is a link to the Bulldog security. I still want to buy a piece of data will probably never be right. Also, the purchase of a multimeter and learn how to use, if you do not already.

Post a Comment